Sunday 26 June
So this week, highlights have been ‘Brexit’; the 2016 convention for the Hearing Loss Association of America; a call for a public health campaign across the UK; and some research on musicians and hearing loss. In addition, Hearing Link launched a survey on telephone use; there are some tips for travellers and a couple of technology updates on hearing aids and rechargeable batteries. These and other snippets are included below along with a range of jobs that have been advertised (including a call for trustees from Action on Hearing) and a regular update on conferences and events.
- Blogpost: Brexit: What D/deaf people around the country think of Britain’s decision to leave the EU.
- Conference update: HLAA 2016 Convention
- UK Policy: Call for nationwide public health campaign
- News: Former violist with the Royal Opera House, sues for hearing damage
- Research: Hit the right notes with musician earplugs
- Technology: Rechargeable technology at the tipping point
- How to take a hearing test
- Survey: How are deaf people using the telephone
- Blogpost: Deaf travel: Tips for the train, plane and automobiles
- Advocating for hearing health in a noisy work environment
- Technology: Even hearing aids are connecting to the internet of things
- New career and volunteer opportunities
- Key diary dates for conferences and workshops