Sunday 19 June
Its been another really interesting week of posts and tweets. Firstly, there have been a couple of blog posts relating to deafness and musicians (as well as an interesting research post being advertised to lead some research into the subject) . There was also an announcement about the development of a ‘trip adviser’ style app for hearing loss, the launch of Soundspace online, plans for a Parliamentary debate on hearing loss, and a technology post on the phenomenal rise of the RIC hearing aid. That, alongside a few new jobs that have been advertised (including a call for trustees from Action on Hearing) and the regular update on conferences and events.
- Blogpost: Being deaf in one ear made me the composer I am today
- Blogpost: 6 powerful advantages of being a deaf pianist
- US army using innovative smart earplugs
- Plans for a ‘trip advisor’ style app for hearing loss are launched
- Free ‘Living with hearing loss’ course in London and ‘Self management programmes’ in Scotland
- Parliamentary debate on hearing loss
- Blogpost: Hearing aid disruption
- Launch of Soundspace online.
- This week’s Hear 2 Work blogpost
- New career and volunteer opportunities
- Key diary dates for conferences and workshops