Sunday 12 June
There’s been a bit of a mixed bag this week but a couple of things did catch my eye and stand out. The first was the survey of hearing aid batteries. The emerging findings are really interesting but it really needs more people to complete the survey to get more meaningful information. The second has been the news of the latest Apple patent. It does make me wonder if, before long, they could move into the development of hearing aid. After all, given the ageing population across the globe and the increasing prevalence of noise induced teenage hearing loss, its going to be a massive market in the next decade. Read about these and more in my weekly roundup below.
- US Policy update: Hearing Health Care for Adults
- Survey: Hearing Aid Batteries – How long do they really last?
- Technology: News on a new Apple patent for bone conduction headphones
- Inspiring People
- British Society of Audiology Survey
- Connevans new website
- The Daily Jobseeker
- Blogpost: Hearing Health should be a workplace priority
- Phonak Survey
- Research: The emerging research relating to Tinnitus
- New career and volunteer opportunities
- Key diary dates for conferences and workshops (new entries highlighted in blue)